Your Ad Here

Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm a Monkey, I love Bananas

I'm a monkey. I was born during the year of the monkey based on the Chinese calendar. I do not know if it has something to do why I love eating bananas so much. lol... It has become my regular routine to buy a "sipi" of banana every Sunday and cook it as fried banana or locally called "rebusao". During weekdays, I take fried bananas during snack time. This snack looks like french fries coated with sugar.I did a little research on bananas. Whfoods.com talks about the history and benefits from bananas. According to the site, "bananas are thought to have originated in Malaysia around 4,000 years ago. From there, they spread throughout the Philippines and India." The fruit is still widely grown in the Philippines up to this day. Western Mndanao is one of the major producers of bananas as it has hectares of plantation in Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur and Zamboanga Sibugay.Aside from the taste of banana, I am fond of eating this fruit for its health benefits. Whfoods.com enumerated the benefits we can get from bananas.
Cardiovascular Protection from Potassium and Fiber

  • Soothing Protection from Ulcers
  • Improving Elimination (it helps you popoo with ease )
  • Protect Your Eyesight
  • Build Better Bones with Bananas
  • Promote Kidney Health
Aside from these benefits, accordingly, bananas helps prevent pimples. hehehe.... nakahanap ka na ba ng ungoy na may pimple? hehehe...

No comments: